Rental Terms & Conditions of Chalet Silven
- General Conditions
By making a down payment the tenant declares him-/herself in agreement with these Rental Terms and Conditions.
The Chalet will be put at the disposal of the tenant booking the holiday and his/her party for the rental period agreed upon. The tenant is not allowed to transfer the Chalet to another tenant, unless agreed otherwise with the owner.
Pets and smoking are not permitted in any part of the Chalet.
Skis and ski shoes will be stored in the rooms intended for that purpose.
House regulations will be found in the Chalet, and tenant and his/her party must read and comply with them.
Waste disposal and recycling: Austria is an environmentally responsible country where separation of waste is not without obligations. Moreover, the observance of the law is strictly inspected. It is the tenant's own responsibility to comply with these rules. You will find all details on waste disposal and separation of waste in the Chalet.
- Responsibilities and liabilities
- The tenant is deemed to check the Chalet and its inventory for any defects and damages on arrival, and to report these to the owner directly, or within 12 hours of arrival.
- The tenant is obliged to use the rented property (the entire Chalet, the grounds and garden and all other movable and immovable goods belonging to the Chalet) in a normal manner and with reasonable care, and to behave in such a manner as not to cause any inconvenience to the neighbourhood. Therefore, the tenant is also expected to supervise any children present in the Chalet.
- Any loss or damage should be immediately reported to the owner. The owner reserves the right to recover the cost of damage from the tenant. This also applies to any losses or damages found during the end of stay cleaning after the tenant's departure, unless the tenant can make a reasonable case that these losses or damages were not caused by the tenant and his/her party.
- The owner has taken out a building, fire, and theft insurance policy for the Chalet and its contents. These insurances offer coverage against burglary and theft only if the Chalet is fully and properly locked. That means that all windows and street doors should be closed and locked when the tenant leaves the Chalet, even for a short period. The tenant will be liable for any damage suffered resulting from neglecting these obligations. The owner may recover the cost of this damage from the tenant.
- The owner will not be liable in any way for:
- Any personal injury, or loss or damage of property, or consequential damages whatsoever suffered by the tenant and/or his/her party and/or third parties.
- Any defects of the Chalet's technical equipment, temporary failures or malfunctioning of the water management and/or power supply in and around the Chalet, road works and building activities around the Chalet of which the owner was not given prior notice.
- Apparent errors or mistakes on the Chalet's website or other notifications.
- Loss, theft or damage of luggage, personal belongings or the vehicle of the tenant and his/her party, and also any cost resulting from a delayed arrival at the Chalet. Therefore, it is advisable for the tenant to take out an insurance policy to cover these risks.
- Any liability of the owner will be limited to, and never exceed the total amount paid by the tenant for the rental period. The tenant should take out adequate insurance policy, such as a travel, medical, and cancellation insurance, in his/her own best interest.
- The owners commit themselves to putting the Chalet at the disposal of the tenant and his/her party in accordance with the property description, and to take all measures to guarantee the pleasure of their stay as much as possible, save in the event of chance occurrence (force majeure) or unavoidable accident, and in cases as stated under paragraph e.
- Upon arrival the Chalet should be in a clean and tidy condition at the commencement of his/her rental period. Should this not be the case, the owner should be informed immediately, so that the owner can carry out the necessary repairs or maintenance. At departure, the tenant will leave the Chalet in a tidy and proper condition. Cleaning of the Chalet will be carried out by the owner. If the Chalet has been used without due care and/or has not been left in a reasonable condition, any additional (cleaning) costs will be charged from the security deposit.
- Should the tenant have a complaint, then he/she should make this known to the owner preferably during the rental period, or within a maximum of one week after the rental period has expired.
- Availability and bookings
The availability stated on the website is given as an indication and is not binding.
- Options and booking
Please call or e-mail us to specify the period when you would like to rent the Chalet. You will be notified as soon as possible whether or not the Chalet is available in that period. You will then have the opportunity to make a definite booking, or take an option. An option may be taken up to 2 months before the date of arrival, and is valid for a maximum of 1 week. Your option expires automatically after this week, unless agreed otherwise. Taking an option is free of charge.
- Definite Booking
Immediately after the booking has been made, the owner will send a booking confirmation via e-mail to the tenant. The tenant will be requested to pay a deposit. Payment of a deposit implies the tenant's acceptance of these Rental Terms and Conditions. Upon receipt of the deposit by the owner, the booking will be definite.
- First instalmant
Within 10 days after the booking is made (i.e. after the owner's written confirmation that the booking request has been accepted, and the rental period has been fixed), a first instalment of 35% of the total costs must be transferred into the owner's account.
- Final payment
The final payment including additional costs and deposit is required not later than 6 weeks prior to the occupation of the Chalet. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the commencement of the rental period, than the total rental costs including additional costs and deposit must be transferred into the owner's account immediately, or within a maximum of 7 days.
If the tenant fails to pay his/her deposit or final payment, the owner reserves the right to end the agreement one-sidedly, and to charge cancellation costs.
After final payment, the tenant will receive his/her booking documents not later than 2 weeks prior to the rental period, including further relevant information, such as the address, route description, and instructions about the keys, et cetera.
- Additional costs
Prices include the use of the sauna, the use of washing machine, tumble dryer, fireplace logs, heating, electricity, water, and wireless Internet.
Prices do not include bed linen and towels (beds are made), tourist tax, end of stay cleaning and a security deposit. These costs are compulsory. Tenant will pay costs of bed linen, towels, end of stay cleaning and the security deposit as part of the final payment. After inspection by cleaning staff the security deposit will be refunded to tenant's account within 10 days under the conditon mentioned at item '2.h'
- Maximum number of occupants
The number of people staying in the Chalet during the rental period must be limited to the number agreed upon, unless by prior agreement with the owner. The owner may charge the tenant additional costs for extra people. If the number of people agreed upon is exceeded without the owner's permission, the owner may refuse the extra person(s) access to the Chalet.
- Rental period
Rentals are for a minimum of one week, or multiples thereof, commencing and ending on Sundays, unless expressly agreed otherwise. The rental period will commence at 4.00 pm on the first (Sun)day, and end at 10.00 am on the last (Sun)day of the booking agreement.
- Cancellation by the tenant
Cancellations must be notified in writing or by email to the owner. If the tenant cancels, for whatever reason, the owner will charge cancellation fees to the tenant. The following conditions will apply:
- Cancellation more than 60 days prior to the rental period: the tenant will be charged 35% of the rent.
- Cancellation from 60 to 15 days prior to the rental period: the tenant will be charged 75% of the rent.
- Cancellation less than 15 days prior to the rental period: the tenant will be charged 100% of the rent.
Upon receipt of the tenant’s written cancellation request, the owner will send a confirmation of the cancellation and the cancellation invoice to the tenant.
If the tenant does not make use of the Chalet or vacates the Chalet sooner than the agreed rental end date, the owner will not be liable to pay any refund of rent.
- Cancellation by the owner
In the event, due to unforeseen circumstances or force majeure, that the owner has to cancel the booking agreement, the tenant will be notified immediately, and refunded in full.
Rental Terms & Conditions Chalet Silven
Disclaimer: These Rental Terms and Conditions are a full translation of the Dutch version of the Huurvoorwaarden. In the event of any disputes on the interpretation of any of the provisions of these Rental Terms and Conditions, the Dutch text will prevail
Edam, 11th November 2016