Emerald village Bramberg extracts its name to the vast collection of minerals that can be found in the region. Especially the nearby Habach valley still attracts the adventurer. Will you find something as well??…
There’s much more to discover in the area of Bramberg. The free Nationalpark Sommercard Mobil makes that easy. This attractive card will be offered for free when staying in Chalet Silven during summer season. With this card you have free access to more than 60 attractions, such as various cable cars, swimming pools, museums and other places of interest. You may a.o. make use of the participating hiking taxi’s for free. The Pinzgauer local railway and the SVV-postbus between Krimml and Zell am See and Rauris are at your disposal without any charges. This way you can enjoy even more of what the ‘Wildkogel-Aktiv’ program offers in the Wildkogel-Arena and the Hohe Tauern!
With a height of close to 400 meters the Krimmler Waterfalls are the highest of the Alps. The water pours down in three stages and ensures an impressive scenery. Within an easy 15 minutes walk from the parking place you reach the lowest fall. From there the twisted path leads you in 1:15 hours to the highest fall. Also visit the theme park WasserWunderWelt, a family friendly and educational water museum.
The Bramberg area offers a great network of hiking routes and truly is a paradise for every hiker. Discover the colourful flower meadows, the green alps and mountains of Bramberg and the Kitzbüheler Alps. Experience the unspoiled nature, the rough alpine landscape and the deep blue mountain lakes of the Hohe Tauern.
From the Wildkogelbahn’s mountain station various hiking routes lead through the “Höhenwandergebiet Wildkogel”. During the hikes you will enjoy stunning views to the highest mountaintops of the Hohe Tauern.
In the various side valleys you will find family friendly and thematic hiking paths, such as the Emerald path in the Habach valley en the Venediger path in the Obersulzbach valley. You can start he popular hiking- and mountain bike route along the Sonnberg to the beautiful Mühlbach valley directly from Chalet Silven. Taking a break and enjoying the food at the beautifully located Baumgartenalm makes your day unforgettable.
Check this interactive map for more information and additional outdoor activities.
Out of the vast variety of routes you can select suitable and (more) challenging trails. It is quite popular to take the mountain bike with you in the cable car and to start the descent back to the valley or the Chalet. And don’t forget to take a detailed map with you - which is available from the Tourist Office where you can also sign up for guided tours or a mountain bike technique course. You can also rent mountain bikes or e-bikes in the village.
In the area of Bramberg you will find various swimming lakes and in-/outdoor swimming pools. All are children-/family friendly.
- Swimming lakes in the area: in Hollersbach within a 10 minute drive from the Chalet and the “Experience swimming lake” (Erlebnissbadesee) in Uttendorf, within a 20 minute drive.
- In Mühlbach (5 minute drive) is a small outdoor swimming pool.
- Indoor swimmig pools in Wald (Kristallbad – in 15-20 minute drive) and in Mittersill (Indoor swimming pool Kogler – 15 minute drive).
- The nearest golf course is in Mittersill. A well maintained 18 hole course located in the valley with beautiful view to the mountains.
- Other popular golf courses nearby are in Kitzbühel and Zell am See/Kaprun.
- Nationalparkzentrum Hohe Tauern in Mittersill: Family friendly, modern and interactive exhibition with unique 360º panorama.
- Museum Bramberg: Outdoor museum with next to the history of the village also minerals and sparkling emerald and a beekeeper.
Tauernspa in Kaprun. Experience and relax in the >20.000m2 water- and sauna world with view to the famous Kitztsteinhorn.
Other interesting links: